MADRASA JAMIA ISLAMIA
The Madrasa (Maktab) was founded by the esteemed Moulana Ahmed Ibrahim [Hafidhahullah] in October, 1983. The Madrasa has classes from grade 1 -10. The Madrasa has a nursery and a pre-nursery (Hadeeqatul-Atfaal) and also offers the Hifz class. Currently there are 15 staff members. The Madrasa has a girls Madrasa (Madrasatul Banaat) which caters for older girls.
Aims and Objectives:
- To establish the teachings of the Qur’an and to provide facilities for the memorization of the Qur’an.
- To protect, preserve and promulgate the Sunnah of Muhammad (Sallallahu’alaihi Wasallam) and his Noble Companions.
- To uphold, preserve and promote the Shariah (Islamic Legal Code) as expounded by the four schools of jurisprudence.
- To maintain, preserve and promote the Aqa’id (doctrine) of Islam as expounded by the Ahl al-Sunnah wa al-Jama’ah.
- To protect the religion of Islam from innovations as is manifested in the beliefs and practices of deviated sects, groups and movements.
- To promote and encourage participation in Tazkiya (Inner Self-Reformation Programmes) and Dawah activities.
- To print and publish Islamic literature.
- To promote the religious, spiritual and educational advancement of the Muslim community
- To extend aid and assistance to the needy and indigent members of the Muslim Community.
- To found, build and maintain Masaajid, Madaaris and other similar institutions for the use and benefit of the Muslim community.
- To further brotherhood and co-operation within the Muslim community.
The Madrasa is situated in Mpingwe, Limbe – Malawi.
The Madrasa syllabus has been carefully designed to prepare our children for current and future challenges. The curriculum aims to provide rich and enriching learning experiences. It is one that encourages learning in an experiential manner.
A BRIEF SYNOPSIS OF WHAT IS IN THE MADRASA CURRICULUM AND BEING TAUGHT IN THE MADRASA:
- QUR’ÂN AND MEMORISATION OF SELECTED SURAHS:
This subject area focuses on providing the basic skills of Qur’ân recitation and memorising basic and essential Surahs.
- AQAA-ID (BELIEFS AND PRACTICES):
This subject area focuses on providing the basic understanding of the Oneness of Allâh and explaining essential Islamic beliefs as well as imparting the core topics related to it. It aims at imparting not only the necessary knowledge, but also the skills so that learners could practice upon Islam holistically and in full faith.
- AKHLAAQ WAL ADAAB (GOOD CHARACTER AND ETIQUETTE):
This subject area focuses on instilling in the learners the necessary knowledge of Islamic etiquette and behaviours. Not only are the core principles imparted to them, but also its application in current day situations with the aim at having the learners internalize these values so as to be exemplars in society.
- FIQH (ISLAMIC RULINGS/JURISPRUDENCE):
This subject area focuses on instilling in the students the necessary knowledge of Islamic laws and practices of Islam. Its application in everyday situations is a central focus area.
- SEERAH / TAAREEKH (ISLAMIC HISTORY):
This subject area focuses on bringing the life and personality of Nabî Muhammad sallallâhu ‘alayhi wasallam as close to hearts and minds of the learners, so that they are able emulate him, love him and be able to protect and honour his noble personality at all times. It also aims at imparting Islamic history and its contribution to the world to the learners. This acts as the gateway to the development the Muslim identity via the learning and understanding of our Islamic heritage. Apart from the above, the greatest challenge of this subject is to relate it to the current context so as to make it impactful, relevant, and meaningful.
This subject focuses on the memorization of the sayings and teachings of Nabî Muhammad sallallâhu ‘alayhi wasallam. Not only does this promote the preservation of this legacy but it also engenders love and obedience for his great personality in the hearts of learners.
The life of a Muslim revolves around remembering Allâh at every turn and activity of one’s daily life. These are embodied in the various du‘âs which Nabî Muhammad sallallâhu ‘alayhi wasallam has taught us to recite while carrying out our daily tasks. This subjects aims at teaching learners these essential du‘âs in the life of a Muslim.