ABOUT DARUL IFTAA
The Darul Iftaa (Institute of Islamic Jurisprudence) is a non-profit organisation established to address contemporary issues and provide balanced solutions to the challenges of the Ummah in all aspects of life whilst preserving, protecting and upholding the Shariah (Islamic Legal Code) in accords to the Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama’ah. The Darul Iftaa was an affiliate branch of Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah – Sherwood, Durban, run by Mufti Ebrahim Desai Rahimahullah of South Africa.
The Darul Iftaa is headed by Mufti Safwaan Ibrahim and was under the advice, guidance, and supervision of Mufti Ebrahim Desai [Rahimahullah] until his demise.
SERVICES OF THE DARUL IFTAA
- Issuing of Fatawa (Decrees pertaining to Shar’i matters).
- Answering queries of Deen received from across the globe.
- Islamic Finance.
- Mediation and Settlement of Disputes.
- Annulment of Marriages [faskh].
- Islamic wills & inheritance and Trusts.
- Publication of Islamic Literature, Posters and Islamic calendars.
MUFTI SAFWAAN IBRAHIM
- Mufti Safwaan was born and raised in Limbe, Malawi.
- Mufti Safwaan completed his maktab and Hifz in Limbe, Malawi at Madrasa Jamia Islamia. He completed his basic Islamic studies together with his secular education completing O Level – IGCSE and also furthering by doing an accountancy course.
- In the quest to study the sacred Islamic disciplines and sciences, he travelled to Zambia to pursue the Aalimiyyah course at Jamiah Islamiah, Lusaka for one year. He then travelled to South Africa and enrolled at the prestigious Darul Uloom Azaadville where he studied for five years.
- After six rigorous and intensive years studying Aqidah, Tafsir, Hadith, Fiqh, Usul, Arabic grammar, syntax, morphology and rhetoric, he qualified with distinction and was granted Ijazah in the above disciplines. He also was granted Ijaza in Ashara Kubra.
- He pursued his studies for the Iftaa course (Post Graduate in the Sciences of Issuing Fatawa – legal rulings) at Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah, Durban, South Africa for two years where he completed his Mufti course under the auspicious tutelage of Mufti Ebrahim Desai and Mufti Husain Kadodia. Upon qualifying from the Darul Iftaa as a Mufti (juriconsult), he was accredited with: Masters of Arts in Islamic Theology with specialisation in Juristic verdicts (Iftaa) and Diploma in Islamic Finance.
- He is also an Ethica CIFE™ Graduate; Certified Islamic Finance Executive (CIFE™) accredited by Ethica Institute of Islamic Finance.
Those wishing to be part of the team should email their interest to [email protected]
- The Darul Iftaa aims at responding to queries relating to Islamic ethics and law. It does not serve as an Islamic court of law.
- The questions and answers found on this website are for educational purposes. However, many of the rulings rendered here are distinct to the specific scenario, and thus should be read in conjunction with the question and not taken as a basis to establish a verdict in another situation or environment.
- This site bears no responsibility in these responses being used out of their intended context, nor to any party who may or may not follow the responses given and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused. None of the responses rendered may be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent from the Darul Iftaa.
- The Darul Iftaa does not accept any responsibility for any problems that may arise out of experimentation with any of the methods, suggestions or recommendations made in any answer, article or literature posted on this website.
- Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other content on that website.