Aims and Objectives:
- To establish the teachings of the Qur’an al-Kareem and to provide facilities for the memorisation of the Qur’an al-Kareem.
- To protect, preserve and promulgate the Sunnah of Nabi Muhammad (Sallallahu’alaihi Wasallam) and his Noble Companions.
- To uphold, preserve and promote the Shariah (Islamic Legal Code) as expounded by the four schools of jurisprudence.
- To maintain, preserve and promote the Aqa’id (doctrine) of Islam as expounded by the Ahl al-Sunnah wa al-Jama’ah.
- To protect the religion of Islam from innovations as is manifested in the beliefs and practices of deviated sects, groups and movements.
- To promote and encourage participation in Tazkiya (Inner Self-Reformation Programmes) and Dawah and Tabligh (Dissemination of Faith) activities.
- To print and publish Islamic literature.
- To promote the religious, spiritual and educational advancement of the Muslim community
- To extend aid and assistance to the needy and indigent members of the Muslim Community.
- To found, build and maintain Masaajid, Madaaris and other similar institutions for the use and benefit of the Muslim community.
- To further brotherhood and co-operation within the Muslim community.
The Darul Uloom is:
- A Non-Profit Organisation registered with the department of Social Services.
- A Public Benefit Organisation recognised by the South African Revenue Service.